For 32 consecutive years the All Saints Garden Tour occurred on the third Saturday of May and included visits to six lovely gardens, a luncheon, bake sale, boutique, and a sale of original art. Net proceeds from the garden tour are donated to local charities.
Then came the Coronavirus. In 2020, we were forced to cancel the garden tour out of concern for the health and well-being of any participants, garden owners, or volunteers who might have been involved. Now we find ourselves cancelling the 2021 Garden Tour for the same reason. Safety permitting, we fully intend to have a 2022 Garden Tour.
Notecards!! In lieu of a 2021 Garden Tour, the All Saints Garden Tour Board has created a package of 8 assorted Notecards at $20 per package to be sold to raise money for the charities. These cards are art images from eight of the past winners of the Garden Tour Poster contest. The inside of the card is blank, so the cards may be used for almost any occasion. Think of using these Notecards for congratulations, graduation, birthday, missing you, thank you, thinking of you, get well, condolences, Easter, Hanukkah, Mother’s Day or almost any event; or think of packages of Notecards as small gifts for that friend or family member who has no need but would love a little surprise at Mother’s Day, or birthday, or Christmas, or just because.
Scroll down the toolbar on the right to the bottom for the link to purchase the cards by Credit Card online. We will mail the cards to you in the continental United States at no extra cost. Images of the cards follow.
The good news is that we have carried forward work from the preparation for the 2020 All Saints Garden Tour including:
- Each of the owners of the six of the six lovely gardens selected for 2020 has agreed that their gardens can be on the tour in 2021.
- The winner of the poster contest associated with the garden tour was Neil Clark. His water color, Along the Path, will be featured on the posters advertising the 2021 All Saints Garden Tour, and on the face of the ticket booklet.
- The charities selected to receive funds from the 2020 All Saints Garden Tour, will receive the funds from the 2021 tour. These are:
- The Hunger Coalition of the Lowcountry (Backpack Buddies of Hilton Head)
- The Antioch Educational Center (Jasper Co. Backpack Buddies)
- St. Stephens United Methodist Church Outreach Foodbank
- Family Promise of Beaufort County, SC
- Crossroads Community Support Services (BackPack Buddies of Bluffton)
- Hilton Head Island Safe Harbour
All of this means charities may not apply for funds from the 2021 All Saints Garden Tour and there will be no poster contest associated with the 2021 garden tour.
For all who participate in the garden tour in all capacities, the All Saints Garden Tour Board prays for your health and safety.