All Saints Episcopal Church 2019 Garden Tour
Request for a Grant
Thank you for your interest in applying for funds from the proceeds of the All Saints 2019 Garden Tour. Applications must be received by the Garden Tour Board by October 15, 2018. The board will review all applications and make recommendations to the Church Vestry by December, 2018. Whether your organization is chosen to receive a grant, or not, you will be notified in early January, 2019.
The Board will apply the following criteria:
- The non-profit organization must be a 501(c)(3) entity under the Internal Revenue Code.
- In its financial information, the organization must indicate that it has a projected annual 2018 income under $650,000.
- The organization must provide services to the citizens of Beaufort or Jasper County, South Carolina, as they struggle with the specific challenges presented by either hunger, homelessness, aging, or literacy. Applications will not be accepted unless the organization exists primarily to provide support to at least one of these four functional areas.
- The non-profit must complete an application and email it to email@example.com, or USPS mail it to All Saints Episcopal Church, Attention Garden Tour, 3001 Meeting Street, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926.
- The organization must explain how it screens clients that it serves to avoid waste, fraud, or abuse of its funding.
- The group must agree if selected to receive funding, to:
- provide 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to assist garden hostesses in greeting tour visitors between 10:00 am through 4:00 pm, on May 18, 2019… or
- provide 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to assist with parking directions between the hours of 10:00 am through 4:00 pm, On May 18, 2019… or
- 1 volunteer to assist garden hostesses, and 1 volunteer to assist with parking directions for 2 hours each between 10:00 am through 4:00 pm on May 18, 2019…
- provide 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to assist with the luncheon between the hours of 9:00 am through 3:00 pm, On May 18, 2019… or
- providing baked goods for the Bake Sale delivered to All Saints Episcopal Church on Friday, May 17, 2019 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, or before 10:00 am on Saturday, May 18, 2019.
If you believe your organization meets these criteria, please complete the application form. If you scroll down, you can print this Grant Application Description and the Application Form.
Legal Name of Your Organization
EIN (Social Security Number of your organization)
Head of Your Organization
Email of above-named individual
Individual Writing Grant
Email of above-named individual
USPS Mailing Address of Your Organization
Will this grant be used to continue your on-going services? _____ Yes, or _____ No
If not for on-going services, briefly describe new project
Do you have a profile with the Community Foundation Giving Market Place? _____ Yes, or _____ No
If you do not have a profile with the Community Foundation Giving Market Place, call 843-681-9100. Tell them you want to establish a profile. They will walk you through the process.
If selected to receive a grant, please tell us which assistance you will provide on the day of the garden tour:
- ______ 2 volunteers for 2 hours to help with greeting at the gardens. (Which hours will you help?)
- ______ 2 volunteers for 2 hours to help with parking directions at the gardens. (Which hours will you help?)
- ______ 1 person for 2 hours to help with greeting, and 1 person for two hours to help with parking directions at the gardens. (Which hours will you help?)
- ______ 2 volunteers for two hours to help with the luncheon. (Which hours will you help?)
- ______ Contribute baked goods for the bake sale.
If you need more space for any of the above questions, please feel free to add it. When finished, please email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by USPS mail to All Saints Episcopal Church, Attention: Garden Tour, 3001 Meeting Street, Hilton Head Island, SC, 29926. For questions, call 843-341-5655. If not answered, leave a message and a phone number, and your call will be returned.
We are grateful for the many non-profits such as yours that serve the residents of the Low Country. We look forward to receiving your application and reviewing the history and work of your organization.
Chair, 2019 All Saints Episcopal Church Garden Tour