All Saints Episcopal Church 2020 Garden Tour
Request for a Grant
Thank you for your interest in applying for funds from the proceeds of the All Saints 2020 Garden Tour. Applications must be received by the Garden Tour Board by October 15, 2019. The board will review all applications and make recommendations to the Church Vestry by December, 2019. Whether your organization is chosen to receive a grant, or not, you will be notified in early January, 2019.
The Board will apply the following criteria:
- The non-profit organization must be a 501(c)(3) entity under the Internal Revenue Code.
- In its financial information, the organization must indicate that it has a projected annual 2020 income under $650,000.
- The organization must provide services to the citizens of Beaufort or Jasper County, South Carolina, as they struggle with the specific challenges presented by either hunger, homelessness, aging, or literacy. Applications will not be accepted unless the organization exists primarily to provide support to at least one of these four functional areas.
- The non-profit must complete an application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or USPS mail it to All Saints Episcopal Church, Attention Garden Tour, 3001 Meeting Street, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926.
- The organization must explain how it screens clients that it serves to avoid waste, fraud, or abuse of its funding.
- The group must agree if selected to receive funding, to:
- provide 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to assist garden hostesses in greeting tour visitors between 10:00 am through 4:00 pm, on May 16, 2020… or
- provide 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to assist with parking directions between the hours of 10:00 am through 4:00 pm, On May 16, 2020… or
- provide 1 volunteer to assist garden hostesses, and 1 volunteer to assist with parking directions for 2 hours each between 10:00 am through 4:00 pm on May 16, 2020…
- provide 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to assist with the luncheon between the hours of 9:00 am through 3:00 pm, On May 16, 2020… or
- provide baked goods for the Bake Sale delivered to All Saints Episcopal Church on Friday, May 15, 2020 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, or before 10:00 am on Saturday, May 16, 20120.
If you believe your organization meets these criteria, please complete the application form. If you scroll down, you can print this Grant Application Description and the Application Form.
Date of Application __________________________________________________________
Legal Name of Your Organization __________________________________________
EIN (Social Security Number of your organization) __________________________
City ____________________________________ State ___________ Zip Code ___________
Name and title of person completing grant application______________________
Email ____________________ Telephone # H/W ________________ Cell ____________
Name and title of contact person if different from above ____________________
Email ___________________ Telephone # H/W __________________ Cell ___________
Include a copy of the following:
- Letter indicating 501(c)(3) certification or status
- Most recent 990 form and current annual budget
- Year-to-date financial statement
- List of current board members and officers
- Brief history of your organization, and address of your website
- Mission statement
- Examples of successful past projects
Please provide a brief history of your organization, its mission, and the services it provides. Use the back of the page or add additional pages if needed to complete the description.
How will your organization use the grant? Will this be for your ongoing services? If your organization provides a variety of services, please describe which service would use the funds. If this request is for a special project, please describe the project.
Who locally (Beaufort or Jasper County) will benefit from the funding if approved?
If your organization received a grant from the All Saints Garden Tour in the past 3 years, please provide a summary of how the most recent grant funds were utilized. Include numbers of people served where possible.
Please state the amount of funds that your organization has received from outside organizations in the past 18 months.
Please explain how your clients are screened so as to avoid fraud, waste, and abuse of donated funds.
Do you agree to sell Garden Tour tickets to your respective donor list, board members, and other centers of influence? Please see as many as you can. Yes_____ No _____
If selected to receive a grant, please tell us which assistance you will provide on the day of the garden tour:
- ______ 2 or more people to assist with the Boutique from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- ______ 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to help with greeting at the gardens.
- ______ 2 volunteers for 2 hours each to help with parking directions at the gardens.
- ______ 1 person for 2 hours to help with greeting, and 1 person for two hours to help with parking directions at the gardens.
- ______ 2 or more people to help with the luncheon from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- ______ Contribute baked goods for the bake sale to be delivered to All Saints Episcopal Church on the day prior to the Garden Tour, or before 10:00 am on the day of the Garden Tour.
If you need more space for any of the above questions, please feel free to add it. When finished, please email the completed application to email@example.com or send it by USPS mail to All Saints Episcopal Church, Attention: Garden Tour, 3001 Meeting Street, Hilton Head Island, SC, 29926. For questions, call 843-341-5655. If not answered, leave a message and a phone number, and your call will be returned.
We are grateful for the many non-profits such as yours that serve the residents of the Low Country. We look forward to receiving your application and reviewing the history and work of your organization.
Chair, 2020 All Saints Episcopal Church Garden Tour